SCIRP Mobile Website
Paper Submission

Why Us? >>

  • - Open Access
  • - Peer-reviewed
  • - Rapid publication
  • - Lifetime hosting
  • - Free indexing service
  • - Free promotion service
  • - More citations
  • - Search engine friendly

Free SCIRP Newsletters>>

Add your e-mail address to receive free newsletters from SCIRP.


Contact Us >>

WhatsApp  +86 18163351462(WhatsApp)
Paper Publishing WeChat
Book Publishing WeChat

Article citations


Yassein, S.A., El-Deen, A., Emam, M.A. and Omer, A.K. (2005) The Profile of High-Risk Pregnancy in El-Mansoura City. Journal of the Egyptian Public Health Association, 80, 687-706.

has been cited by the following article:

  • TITLE: Prevalence and Factors Associated with High-Risk Pregnancies in Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of Congo

    AUTHORS: Yayila Tshimba Sylvie, Khaki Khang Mariette, Kiluba Tshikala Pichou, Tendilonge Kasilembo Jean de Dieu, Ilunga Kakahi Blaise, Kabamba Nzaji Michel

    KEYWORDS: Prevalence, Risk Pregnancy, Associated Factors, Lubumbashi

    JOURNAL NAME: Open Access Library Journal, Vol.4 No.12, December 15, 2017

    ABSTRACT: Introduction: Pregnancy is a special natural and physiological event that is not always normally and is responsible for morbidity and preventable mortality. Pregnancy risk is defined as one that is complicated by a factor or factors that negatively affect the outcome of pregnancy the mother’s side and/or perinatal. This study was assigned as targets to determine the risk pregnancy prevalence and the factors associated with these pregnancies. Materiel and Method: We conducted a cross-sectional descriptive study at the General Hospital Katuba in Lubumbashi for a period of three months from March to June 2017. Result: Our results showed that 11.5% of pregnancies were high risk and moderate in 21.6%. Overall, pregnancies were high or moderate risk of 33.1%. A proportion of 19.8% of new mothers were aged over 35 years and 3.4% were under 18 years. The average age was 28.8 ± 7.2 years. Age greater than 35 years, multi-parity, the high parity, the multigestity and the large multigestity were signifi-cantly associated with a risk pregnancy OR: 181 [43.08 to 762.99], OR 16.04 [6 , from 44 to 40.00] OR: 232.39 [58.60 to 971.36] OR: 5.15 [2.06 to 12.87] OR: 78.67 [25.77 to 240, 15. diabetes history OR = 6.32 [1.26 to 31.78], perinatal mortality (p = 0.006) and repeated abortions (p = 0.023) were also significantly related to a pregnancy at risk. Conclusion: A good support suitable or adequate based on risk could never be achieved without close collaboration between stakeholders and health professionals perinatal and follow the microscope stage of the support organization.