SCIRP Mobile Website

Why Us? >>

  • - Open Access
  • - Peer-reviewed
  • - Rapid publication
  • - Lifetime hosting
  • - Free indexing service
  • - Free promotion service
  • - More citations
  • - Search engine friendly

Free SCIRP Newsletters>>

Add your e-mail address to receive free newsletters from SCIRP.


Contact Us >>

WhatsApp  +86 18163351462(WhatsApp)
Paper Publishing WeChat
Book Publishing WeChat

Article citations


Abry, E., Torp, S.H., Thomassen, I.O. and Salvesen, O.O. (2010) The Significance of Ki-67/MIB-1 Labeling Index in Human Meningiomas: A Literature Study. Pathology-Research and Practice, 206, 810-815.

has been cited by the following article:

  • TITLE: Ki67 Proliferative Index and Peritumoral Brain Edema in Meningiomas: Do They Correlate? A Clinical Study on 56 Patients

    AUTHORS: Nour Imam, Ahmed I. Elghriany, Ahmed M. Elshanawany, Ahmed A. S. Elhakeem

    KEYWORDS: Meningioma, Ki67, Proliferative Index, Peritumoral, Brain Edema

    JOURNAL NAME: Open Journal of Modern Neurosurgery, Vol.9 No.4, October 31, 2019

    ABSTRACT: Introduction: Meningiomas are the most common type of extra-axial neoplasm. Peritumoral brain edema (PTBE) can be seen around meningiomas while it may be absent in others. Despite that Ki67 proliferative index has been previously correlated with meningioma grades, no definite relationship has been established in relation to PTBE in meningioma patients. Objective: Correlate the peritumoral brain edema with the Ki67 proliferative index of meningiomas. Patients & Methods: Aclinical prospective study was conducted on 56 patients (47 women, 9 men; mean age 50.89 ± 12.55 years) diagnosed with meningiomas. All patients were evaluated regarding the presence of brain edema surrounding the lesion in pre-operative neuroimaging using T2W and FLAIR MR images. Immunohistochemical staining of Ki67 index (representing proliferative activity) was done. Correlation between presence of PTBE and Ki67 index values was evaluated. Results: PTBE was found in nearly half of the patients (48.2%), while the remaining (51.8%) of patients did not exhibit PTBE in their pre-operative neuroimaging. The mean value of Ki67 index in meningioma patients with PTBE was 4.83% compared to a value of 1.83% in patients without PTBE, P value = 0.014. Conclusion: High Ki67 indices are evident in meningiomas with surrounding peritumoral brain edema (PTBE).