Why Us? >>

  • - Open Access
  • - Peer-reviewed
  • - Rapid publication
  • - Lifetime hosting
  • - Free indexing service
  • - Free promotion service
  • - More citations
  • - Search engine friendly

Free SCIRP Newsletters>>

Add your e-mail address to receive free newsletters from SCIRP.


Contact Us >>

WhatsApp  +86 18163351462(WhatsApp)
Paper Publishing WeChat
Book Publishing WeChat
(or Email:book@scirp.org)

Article citations


Dobrossy, L. (2005) Epidemiology of Head and Neck Cancer: Magnitude of the Problem. Cancer and Metastasis Reviews, 24, 9-17.

has been cited by the following article:

  • TITLE: Treatment Outcome of Pharmacokinetics-Based Dosing of Docetaxel and Fluorouracil in Advanced Head and Neck Cancer Patients

    AUTHORS: Abdelhamid M. Fouad, Magdy M. Saber, Yahia M. Ismail, Yasser A. Sallam, Tarek M. Shouman, Reham A. A. Elshimy, Ahmed Abo Gabal

    KEYWORDS: Head and Neck Cancer, DPF, Docetaxel, Fluorouracil, Pharmacokinetics Dose Adjustment

    JOURNAL NAME: Journal of Cancer Therapy, Vol.9 No.12, December 18, 2018

    ABSTRACT: Introduction: Docetaxel, Cisplatin and 5-Fluorouracil (DPF) became the standard induction chemotherapy in advanced Head and Neck Cancer (HNC) but associated with high toxicity rate. Several studies reported higher response rates with better tolerability when chemotherapy dose is calculated based on Pharmacokinetics (PK) versus conventional Body Surface Area (BSA). Patients and Methods: Thirty nine patients with stage III and IV HNC who received induction DPF were included in the study. Dose of cycle 1 was BSA-based then Docetaxel and 5-FU doses were PK-adjusted starting from cycle 2 whereas Cisplatin dose was BSA-based throughout the study. Results: After median follow up period of 14 months the median overall survival (OS) and progression free survival (PFS) were 15.1 and 10.6 months respectively. Twenty nine patients were available for response assessment. Seven patients (24.1%) achieved complete response while partial response encountered in 19 patients (65.5%) with and Overall response rate of 89.6%. Both treatment related side effects and mortality significantly decreased after the application of PK dose adjustments (p-value 0.007 and 0.01 respectively). Conclusion: PK-guided dose adjustments of 5-FU and Docetaxel in DPF regimen can significantly decrease the treatment related side effects and mortality without compromising the tumor response rate. A randomized clinical trial is needed to compare the PK-guided dose adjustment with the standard BSA based protocol.