Mathematica Graphics Example Book for Beginners
It is envisioned and practiced to present each chapter within 60% of a lecture period. The accompanied CD makes this feasible. The remaining 40% of the lecture period is to be spent on the set of in-class, lecture related practice problems. In different settings, and depending on the students’ potential, the suggested percentages can be adjusted.The book also includes two exam questionnaires. Solutions to the in-class practice problems and the exams all are included.The in-class practice problems and the exams may easily be altered to meet the needs and the interests of the students.In short, the book is a complete and flexible package that guides an instructor to assist the students to apply the Mathematica graphics in a broad range of technical courses.
Sample Chapter(s)
Lecture_1 (248 KB)
Components of the Book:
  • FRONT MATTER
  • Lecture_1
    • Fundamentals of Plotting 2_Dimensional Analytic Algebraic Functions I
    • Practice_1
    • Homework_1
  • Lecture_2
    • Fundamentals of Plotting 2_Dimensional Analytic Algebraic Functions II
    • Practice_2
    • Homework_2
  • Lecture_3
    • Fundamentals of Plotting 2_Dimensional Analytic Trigonometric Functions
    • Practice_3
    • Homework_3
  • Lecture_4
    • Fundamentals of Plotting 2_Dimensional Analytic Parametric Functions
    • Parametric Conic Cross-Sections
    • Famous Parametric 2_Dimensional Curves
    • Displaying More than One Parametric Function
    • Off Centered Conical Cross Sections
    • Rotated Conical Cross Sections
    • Practice_4
    • Homework_4
  • Lecture_5
    • Fundamentals of Plotting 2_Dimensional Analytic Implicit Functions
    • Fundamentals of Plotting 2_Dimensional Analytic Polar Functions
    • Polar Conic Cross Sections
    • Famous Polar 2_Dimensional Curves
    • Displaying More than One Polar Functions
    • Practice_5
    • Homework_5
  • Lecture_6
    • Graphic Primitives
    • Combining More than One Graphic Primitives
    • Arrows
    • Practice_6
    • Homework_6
    • Exam_1
    • Solutions to Exam_1
  • Lecture_7
    • Logarithmic Scale and Log Plots—Introduction
    • Logarithmic Scale
    • Contour Plot
    • Density Plot
    • Practice_7
    • Homework_7
  • Lecture_8
    • Data Entry and Analysis
    • Error Bars
    • Practice_8
    • Homework_8
  • Lecture_9
    • BarChart
    • PieChart
    • Stacked_BarChart
    • Histogram
    • ListContourPlot and ListDensityPlot
    • Practice_9
    • Homework_9
  • Lecture_10
    • Data Fitting
    • Practice_10
    • Homework_10
  • Lecture_11
    • 3_Dimensional Curves
    • 3_Dimensional Shapes
    • Practice_11
    • Homework_11
  • Lecture_12
    • 3_Dimensional Surfaces II
    • 3_Dimensional Shapes
    • Practice_12
    • Homework_12
    • Exam_2
    • Solutions to Exam_2
  • BACK MATTER
Readership: The target audience is the beginner technically oriented college students. The students majoring in science in general and in physics, chemistry, biology and engineering in particular as well as advanced high school students and teachers, may benefit too. The book may be used as a text and a guideline.
1
FRONT MATTER
Haiduke Sarafian
Abstract | PDF (354 KB)
13
Lecture_1
Haiduke Sarafian
Abstract | PDF (830 KB)
32
Lecture_2
Haiduke Sarafian
Abstract | PDF (906 KB)
49
Lecture_3
Haiduke Sarafian
Abstract | PDF (1293 KB)
66
Lecture_4
Haiduke Sarafian
Abstract | PDF (1864 KB)
101
Lecture_5
Haiduke Sarafian
Abstract | PDF (1891 KB)
135
Lecture_6
Haiduke Sarafian
Abstract | PDF (1552 KB)
178
Lecture_7
Haiduke Sarafian
Abstract | PDF (1844 KB)
212
Lecture_8
Haiduke Sarafian
Abstract | PDF (851 KB)
238
Lecture_9
Haiduke Sarafian
Abstract | PDF (1198 KB)
270
Lecture_10
Haiduke Sarafian
Abstract | PDF (1237 KB)
296
Lecture_11
Haiduke Sarafian
Abstract | PDF (2266 KB)
329
Lecture_12
Haiduke Sarafian
Abstract | PDF (3281 KB)
372
BACK MATTER
Haiduke Sarafian
Abstract | PDF (455 KB)
Haiduke Sarafian, Physics Department of The Pennsylvania State University at York

Copyright © 2006-2021 Scientific Research Publishing Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Top