SCIRP Mobile Website
Paper Submission

Why Us? >>

  • - Open Access
  • - Peer-reviewed
  • - Rapid publication
  • - Lifetime hosting
  • - Free indexing service
  • - Free promotion service
  • - More citations
  • - Search engine friendly

Free SCIRP Newsletters>>

Add your e-mail address to receive free newsletters from SCIRP.

 

Contact Us >>

Article citations

More>>

H. Wang, G. J. Provan, and K. Helliwell, (2000) Tea fla-vonoids: their functions, utilization and analysis. Trends in Food Science and Technology, 11, 152-160.

has been cited by the following article:

  • TITLE: Effects of thermally modified green tea catechins on the oxidative and hydrolytic stability of butter

    AUTHORS: Magdalena Mika, Agnieszka Wikiera, Krzysztof Żyła

    KEYWORDS: Oxidative; Hydrolytic Stability; Antioxidants; Catechins

    JOURNAL NAME: Health, Vol.1 No.3, December 1, 2009

    ABSTRACT: Green tea catechins are classified as (-)-epi-forms (2R, 3R) or (-)-forms (2S, 3R) with respect to stereoisomerism. The (-)-forms (2S, 3R) in catechin preparations obtained from green tea amounts to approximately 10% of total catechins, whereas the other 90% are (-)-epiforms (2R, 3R). High temperature induces the conversion of (-)-epiforms (2R, 3R) to (-)-forms (2S, 3R). This study investigated the effect of catechin prepa-rations containing 10, 20 and 30% (-)-forms (2S, 3R) on the oxidative and hydrolytic stability of butter. For comparison, butter with δ-tocopherol and BHT and butter without stabilizer were analysed. Butter stability was examined under conditions of refrigeration (8 oC) and freezing (-22 oC) and at temperature of 50 oC and 100 oC. Catechin preparations were more efficient butter stabilizers than BHT and δ-tocopherol. Thermal modification of catechins that led to the genera-tion of 20% of (-) forms (2S, 3R) improved their antioxidative efficacy, but longer treatment lead- ing to the formation of 30% of (-) forms (2S, 3R) decreased their antioxidative activity. The hy-drolytic stability of butter, however, increased as the amount of (-) forms (2S, 3R) increased.