Dr. Felix Moos
Professor Emeritus, Anthropology and Asian Studies
The University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, USA
1963 Ph.D., in Anthropology, University of Washington, Seattle.
Distinguished Member of the American Anthropological Association.
Main Research Fields
Applied anthropology, Culture Change and Development, Insurgencies
Japan, Korea, Micronesia, Southeast Asia
1. 1959a. Aspects of Acculturation: Okinawa an Example. Transactions of the International Conference of Orientalists in Japan, No.4, pp 83-88.
2. 1959b. Some Remarks on Culture Change, Theory and Approaches. Tokyo Daigakku Bunka Jinrui Kenkvu "Diary", Tokyo University, Department of Cultural Anthropology Publication.
3. 1963a. The Korean Military Revolution. Orient/West, Vol. 8, No.1, pp. 79-83.
4. 1963b. Religions and Politics in Japan: The Case of Soka Gakkai. Asian Survey, Vol. 3, pp.136-142.
5. 1964. Some Aspects of Park Chang no Kyo: A Korean Revitalization Movement. Anthropological Quarterly, Vol. 37, No.3, pp. 110-120.
6. 1965a. Some Aspects of Korean Acculturation and Value Orientation Since 1950. Proceedings of the International Conference on the Problems of Modernization in Asia. Asiatic Research Institute, Korea University, Korea University Press, pp. 744-750.
7. 1965b. Social Science Factors and Considerations in Korean Rural Development (Booklet), Agency for International Development/USOM Korea Publications.
8. 1968. Some Special Problems of Rapid Acculturation in East and Southeast Asia. Proceedings of the VIII International Congress of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences, Tokyo & Kyoto, Vol. II, pp. 222-225.
9. 1969. Acculturation in Korea-Process of Developing Nation. (Book-Chapter) In Studies in the Developmental Aspect of Korea. Institute of International and Area Studies, Western Michigan State University, pp. 71-84.
10. 1973. History and Culture: Some Thoughts on the U.S. All Volunteer Force. Naval War College Review, September Issue.
11. 1974. The Old and the New: Japan and the United States in the Pacific (Book chapter). In Political Development in Micronesia, Ohio State University Press, Columbus, Ohio.
12. 1975a. Acculturation and Culture Change: Reflections the Japanese Social Structure. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Social Structures and Economics in Japan Up to 1980. Instituto Di Sutdi Economico-Sociali Per L’Asia Orientale, UniversitaCommerciale "L. Bocconi" Milano, Italy.
13. 1975b. Leftist Take-over or Rightist Coup --Observations on Revolutionary Social Change. Sankom Mantsayasart (Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities), Vol. 5, No.3, September 1975. Bangkok, Thailand.
14. 1976. Then as Now: Reflections on Japan and the United States in the Pacific. Southeast Asian Spectrum, Vol. 4, No.3, April-June 1976.
15. 1978a. Tomorrow's Dilemma: What kind of Education? TUB-Dokumentation Aktuell, Technische Universitat Berlin. Berlin, Federal Republic of Germany, June 1978.
16. 1978b. The United States and Japan in the Western Pacific: Micronesia and Papau New Guinea (with Grant Goodman, eds.). Interim Report, Rockefeller Foundation, Sumitomo Fund/Japan Society, University of Kansas, December 1978.
17. 1979. Some Thoughts on the Dynamics of Development in the Pacific. Agency for International Development, Washington, D. C .
18. 1981a. The United States and Japan in the Western Pacific: Micronesia and Papua New Guinea (with Grant Goodman, eds.). Westview Press, Boulder, Colorado.
19. 1981b. A Brief Overview of the Role of Anthropology in Public Policy (with Donald D. Stull). Policy Studies Review, Vol. 1, No.1.
20. 1981c. The Vietnamese Refugees at Our Doorstep: Political Ambiguity and Successful Improvisation (with G.S. Morrison). Policy Studies Review, Vol. 4, No.1.
21. 1982. Halfway to Nowhere: Vietnamese Refugees on Guam (with G.S. Morrison). In Involuntary Migration and Resettlement: The Problems and Responses Dislocated People. Art Hansen and Anthony Oliver-Smith (eds.). Westview Press, Boulder, Colorado.
22. 1983a. Mikronesien: Pazifisches Treuhandgebiet der U .S.A. In Handbuch der Dritten Welt, Ostasien und Ozeanien. D. Nohlen and F. Nuschler (eds.). Hoffmann and Campe. Hamburg.
23. 1983b. Guam. In Handbuch der Dritten Welt, Ostasien und Ozeanien. D. Nohlen and F. Nuschler (eds.). Hoffmann and Campe, Hamburg.
24. 1985. The Rocky Road to Modernity: Two Perspectives on Korea. Proceedings of the Seventh International Symposium on Asian Studies. Asian Research Service. Hong Kong.
25. 1986. Dynamics of Colonialism: Japan and German in Micronesia (Book-chapter). In Japan und die Mittelmaechte. Hrsg. Josef Kreiner Bouvier, Bonn.
26. 1987. Some Cross-Cultural Perspectives of Change in American, West German, and Japanese Family Dynamics. In Asian Familv Mental Health. Psychiatric Research Institute of Tokyo. Tokyo.
27. 1988a. Korea Globalizes: A Tiger Cub Growing. In Korea 1988: A Nation at the Crossroads. Center for East Asian Studies, The University of Kansas. Lawrence, Kansas.
28. 1988b. Nan'yo: The Rise and Fall of the Japanese in Micronesia 1885-1945 (Review article). The International History Review, Vol. X, No.4.
29. 1989. Over the Mountains Are Mountains: Korean Peasant Households and Their Adaptations to Rapid Industrialization (Review essay). Journal of Third World Studies, Vol. V, No.2.
30. 1993. Democratization in Korea: Dragon Endangered. Proceedings of Global Democratization: Societies in Transition. International Studies and Programs, University of Kansas.
31. 2004a. Commentary, Anthropology: Vital or Irrelevant (with Murray Wax). Human Organization, Vol. 63, No.2.
32. 2004b. Anthropology and the United States Military (Book Review Essay of Pamela R. Freese and Margaret C. Marrells). Anthropological Quarterly, Vol. 79, No.4, Fa11 2004.
33. 2005a. Some Thoughts on Anthropological Ethics and Today's Conflicts. Anthropology News, Vol. 46, No. 6.
34. 2005b. Anthropology: Vital or Irrelevant. In Talking About People, Readings in Contemporary Cultural Anthropology, William A. Haviland, et al., McGraw-Hill College Publishing Company
35. 2006. Anthropology: Vital or Irrelevant. In Varieties of Human Experiences, Nancy Erickson, Bartholomew Dean et al, Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company
36. 2012. Migration, Globalization, Instability and Chinese in Peru. In Causes and Consequences of Human Migration. M. Crawford and B. Campbell (eds.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.