Prof.Damon Shing-Min Liu
National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan, China
Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles, USA
M. S., Brown University, USA
B.S., National Taiwan University, Taiwan, China
- C.I. Cheng and D.S.M. Liu. Mobile fashion advisor – a novel application in ubiquitous society. Special issue on “Future Generation Smart Space,” International Journal of Smart Home, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 59-76, April 2008.
- S.S. Hung and D.S.M. Liu. A user-oriented ontology-based approach for network intrusion detection. Computer Standards and Interfaces, vol. 30, no. 1-2, pp. 78-88, January 2008. (SCI, EI)
- D.S.M. Liu. Grid-enabled visualization of large datasets. Journal of Information Technology and Applications, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 117-124, December 2007.
- S.S. Hung and D.S.M. Liu. Efficient reduction of access latency through object correlations in virtual environments. EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, special issue on “Knowledge-Assisted Media Analysis for Interactive Multimedia Applications,” vol. 2007, Article ID 10289, 19 pages, May 2007. (SCI, EI)
- S.S. Hung and D.S.M. Liu. Using prefetching to improve walkthrough latency. Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds Journal, vol. 17, no. 3-4, pp. 469-478, July 2006. (SCI, EI)
- S.S. Hung, T.C. Kuo, and D.S.M. Liu. An efficient clustering algorithm for patterns placement in walkthrough system. International Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, special issue on real-world applications of data mining, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 587-597, December 2005. (SCI, EI)
- D. Liu, M. Burgin, W. Karplus, and D. Valentino. Large-scale flow field visualization for aneurysm treatment. ACM SIGAPP Applied Computing Review, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 3-7, Spring 2001.
- D.S.M. Liu, C.H. Liu, and C.I. Cheng. Two-dimensional non-photorealistic drawings on mobile devices. Proceedings of the 24th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (Multimedia and Visualization Track), Honolulu, Hawaii, pp. 1202-1203, March 2009. (EI) (Received NSC Travel Grant Award)
- C.I. Cheng and D.S.M. Liu. An intelligent clothes search system based on fashion styles. Proceedings of International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Kunming, China, pp. 1592-1597, July 2008. (EI) (Received NSC Travel Grant Award)
- C.M. Chiu, M.Y. Chang, C.S. Tsai, and D.S.M. Liu. Interactive visualization of open water using hybrid wave model in Oceanaut arcade game. Poster Proceedings of IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium, Kyoto, Japan, pp. 23-24, March 2008.
- C.I. Cheng and D.S.M. Liu. Discovering dressing knowledge for an intelligent dressing advising system. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, Haikou, China, vol. 4, pp. 339-343, August 2007. (EI)
- C.C. Chiang, Y.H. Hsueh, and D.S.M. Liu. Real-time image-based stylistic rendering using graphics hardware acceleration. Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (Computational Intelligence in Image and Signal Processing), Honolulu, Hawaii, pp. 438-443, April 2007. (Received NSC Travel Grant Award)
- H.J. Chen and D.S.M. Liu. An efficient data management scheme based on spatial and temporal characteristics in virtual environments. Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (Computational Intelligence and Data Mining), Honolulu, Hawaii, pp. 269-274, April 2007.
- SIGGRAPH International Conference on Virtual Reality Continuum and Its Applications, Hong Kong, China, pp. 353-356, June 2006. (EI) (Received NSC Student Travel Grant Award)
- D.S.M. Liu and C.H. Wu. An effective approach for constructing the phylogenetic tree on a Grid-based architecture. Proceedings of the IEEE Fourth Symposium on Bioinformatics and Bioengineering, Taichung, Taiwan, pp. 134-141, IEEE Computer Society Press, May 2004. (EI)
- C.H. Kuo and D.S.M. Liu. A dynamic load-balancing approach for efficient remote interactive visualization. Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Technology: Computers and Communications, Las Vegas, Nevada, pp. 598-602, IEEE Computer Society Press, April 2003. (EI) (Received NSC Travel Grant Award)
- M. Burgin, D. Liu, and W. Karplus. The problem of time scales in computer visualization. In Computational Science, Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 2074, eds. V.N. Alexandrov, J.J. Dongarra, B.A. Juliano, R.S. Renner, and C.J.K. Tan, pp. 728-737. The 2001 International Conference on Computational Science, San Francisco, California, May 2001. (SCI)
- D. Liu, M. Burgin, and W. Karplus. Biology, psychology, and methodology for computer simulation. Proceedings of the 2001 Advanced Simulation Technologies Conference, Seattle, Washington, pp. 119-123, April 2001.
- D. Liu and W. Karplus. Data management for exploring complex time-dependent flow datasets. Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Technology: Coding and Computing, Las Vegas, Nevada, pp. 143-147, IEEE Computer Society Press, April 2001. (EI)
- M. Burgin, D. Liu, and W. Karplus. Branching computation for visualization in medical systems. Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Computers and Their Applications, Seattle, Washington, pp. 481-484, March 2001.
- D. Liu, M. Burgin, W. Karplus, and D. Valentino. Large-scale flow field visualization for aneurysm treatment. Proceedings of the 16th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, Las Vegas, Nevada, pp. 68-72, March 2001. (EI)