Prof. Yuan-Shyi Peter Chiu
Industrial Engineering & Management
Chaoyang University of Technology, Chinese Taipei
1993 Ph.D., Industrial Engineering and Operations Research Polytechnic University, USA
1986 M.S., Computer and Information Science, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
1983 M.S., Industrial Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
1979 B.S., Industrial Engineering, Chung Yuan Christian University, Chinese Taipei
1. Chiu, Yuan-Shyi Peter, Lin, H-D. and Chang, H-H. (2011) Mathematical modeling for solving manufacturing run time problem with defective rate and random machine breakdown. Computers & Industrial Engineering 60(4) 576-584.
2. Chiu, Yuan-Shyi Peter, Liu, S-C., Chiu, C-L., Chang, H-H. (2011~2; accepted 5-13-2011) Mathematical modelling for determining the replenishment policy for EMQ model with rework and multiple shipments. Mathematical and Computer Modelling.
3. Chiu, Yuan-Shyi Peter and Ting, C-K. (2010) A note on ‘Determining the optimal run time for EPQ model with scrap, rework, and stochastic breakdowns’, European Journal of Operational Research 201(2) 641-643.
4. Chiu, Yuan-Shyi Peter, Chen, K-K., Cheng, F-T., Wu, M-F. (2010) Optimization of the finite production rate model with scrap, rework and stochastic machine breakdown, Computers and Mathematics with Applications 59(2) 919-932.
5. Chiu, Yuan-Shyi Peter, Lin, C-A.K., Chang, H-H. and Chiu, V. (2010) Mathematical modeling for determining economic batch size and optimal number of deliveries for EPQ model with quality assurance. Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems 16(4) 373-388.
6. Chiu, Yuan-Shyi Peter, Cheng, F-T., Chang, H-H. (2010) Remarks on optimization process of manufacturing system with stochastic breakdown and rework, Applied Mathematics Letters, 23(10) 1152-1155.
7. Chiu, Yuan-Shyi Peter, Chen, K-K., Ting, C-K., Lin, L-W. (2010) “Production Systems with Rework and Machine Failure Taking Place in Backorder Filling Time”, Proceedings pp.23-28, The 4th WSEAS International Conference on Circuits, Systems, Signal & Telecommunications (CISST’10), Jan. 27-29, 2010, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA.
8. Chiu, Yuan-Shyi Peter, Chiu, SW, Lin, C-A, Chang, C-Y (2009) “Finite Production Rate Model with Random Scrap Rate and Multiple Shipments”; Proceeding page:90. The 10th International Conference on Automation Technology (Automation 2009), June 27-29, 2009. National Cheng Kung Univ., Tainan, Taiwan.
9. Chiu, Yuan-Shyi Peter, Lin, H-D. (2009), A hybrid approach based on Hotelling statistics for automated visual inspection of display blemishes in LCD panels, Expert Systems with Applications, 36(10) 12332-12339.
10. Chiu, Yuan-Shyi Peter, Tseng, C-Y, Liu, W-C. & Ting, C-K. (2009), Economic manufacturing quantity model with imperfect rework and random breakdown under abort/resume policy, P I Mech E Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 223(2) 183-194.
11. Chiu, Yuan-Shyi Peter, Chiu, S.W., Li, C-Y., and Ting, C-K. (2009), Incorporating multi- delivery policy and quality assurance into economic production lot size problem, Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, 68(6) 505-512.
12. Chiu, Yuan-Shyi Peter, Lien, Y-L., Lin, C-A. K. (2009) Incorporating machine reliability issue and backlog ging into the EMQ model - I: random breakdown occurring in backorder filling time. International Journal for Engineering Modelling, 22(1-4) 1-13.
13. Lin, H-D., Chiu, Yuan-Shyi Peter, Lin, W-T. (2009) “Automated Industrial Inspection of Light-emitting Diodes Using Computer Vision”, The 2009 International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Pattern Recognition (IPCV’09), Session: Novel Applications & Algorithm, pp.59-65; July 13-16, 2009; Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
14. hiu, Yuan-Shyi Peter, Chiu, S.W. & Chao, H-C. (2008), Effect of shortage level constraint on finite production rate model with rework, Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, 67(2) 112-116.
15. Chiu, Yuan-Shyi Peter, Chen, K-K., Ting, C-K., Chiu, V. (2007), Economic lot sizing with imperfect rework derived without derivatives, International Journal for Engineering Modelling, 20(1-4) 61-65.